- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s), about 6 thighsSalsa
- 1 large mango(es), diced
- 2 small uncooked shallot(s), finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper(s), cored, seeded and minced (do not touch seeds with bare hands)
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, minced
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
Preheat grill to medium heat.
On a plate, combine cinnamon, allspice, garlic salt, thyme, table salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and 1 tablespoon of lime juice; mix to a paste. Brush both sides of chicken with seasoning paste; set aside for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine salsa ingredients.
Grill chicken for 10 minutes; flip and grill until cooked through, about 6 minutes more. Cut each chicken thigh in half to serve. Yields 3 pieces of chicken (1 1/2 thighs total) and about 1/2 cup salsa per serving.
- *Get crafty with leftovers: If you’re only cooking for 2 people, make the complete recipe and then combine the leftover chicken with 2 cups of arugula and 1 cup of cooked asparagus for an entrée salad another night.