This comfort-food sandwich is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s made with a lot of pantry staples, perfect anytime you need a quick meal.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper(s), such as a cubanelle, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 large egg(s)
- 3 large egg white(s)
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 4 item(s) reduced calorie hamburger roll(s), toasted if desired
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and pepper; saute until tender and light golden, about 7 to 9 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Set vegetables aside.
In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper. Scramble in same skillet over medium heat until almost cooked, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Add vegetables back to skillet and gently mix; continue scrambling until eggs are set but not dry, about 30 seconds to 1 minute more.
Top each roll bottom with about 3/4 cup egg mixture; cover with roll tops and serve. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.