Packed with beans, sausage and spaghetti, this soup delivers a big hearty taste. Top with minced pickled peppers for extra flavor.
- 31 oz canned white beans, small variety, drained and rinsed
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 oz raw sage, about 3 to 4 medium leaves, finely chopped
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/2 pound(s) cooked chicken sausage(s), Italian-style, cut into bite-size pieces
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes, with puree
- 1 Tbsp canned tomato paste, or to taste
- 2 1/2 cup(s) water
- 3 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 1 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 3 oz uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti, broken into small pieces
Puree half of beans in a blender; set aside.
Coat bottom of a large soup pot with cooking spray. Add oil; heat over medium heat. Add sage and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add sausage; cook, stirring frequently, until sausage starts to brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add pureed beans, whole beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, broth, salt and pepper to pot. Bring soup to a boil; stir in spaghetti. Continue cooking soup according to time specified by pasta manufacturer.
Season to taste with salt and red pepper flakes. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.