1 cup(s), plus more for garnish
3 medium, white and green parts, thinly sliced (plus more for garnish)
2 Tbsp, plus more for garnish
Fresh mint leaves
2 large clove(s)
1 medium, seeded (optional)
3 tsp, finely grated
Fresh lemon juice
Extra virgin olive oil
Uncooked lean and trimmed beef flank steak
- In a blender or food processor, combine basil, scallions, thyme, mint, garlic, jalapeno, salt, lemon zest and lemon juice. Pour oil over mixture; blend until it turns to a paste.
- Pat meat dry with paper towels; place in a wide bowl. Slather paste all over meat; cover bowl and refrigerate 30 minutes or as long as overnight.
- Heat a grill (or broiler) to high.
- Use a paper towel to gently pat meat dry, leaving as much paste as possible on meat. Grill over direct heat (or under broiler on a rimmed baking sheet or broiler pan) until meat it is nicely browned on both sides, 3-6 minutes per side (will vary based on desired degree of doneness).
- Transfer steak to a cutting board; let rest 5-10 minutes. Slice steak against grain; serve, garnished with basil, scallions and thyme.
- Serving size: 3 1/2 oz steak