- 1 cup(s) white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed meal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vegan stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 Tbsp vegan semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper (or lightly coat pans with cooking spray).
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Make a well in center of flour mixture; add applesauce, melted butter, and vanilla to well. Stir together just until flour mixture is blended; stir in chocolate chips.
Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets (9 cookies per sheet); press down each round to flatten a little. Bake until edges of cookies turn light golden, 12-14 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack; let cool.
Serving size: 1 cookie