- 2 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 4 medium uncooked Yukon gold potato(es), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) roasted red peppers (packed in water), water-packed, thinly sliced
- 1/3 pound(s) turkey pastrami, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh cherry tomato(es), or grape tomatoes
- 1 tsp table salt, or less to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, or thyme, fresh, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 large egg(s)
Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a 9- X 13-inch oven-proof dish or pan with cooking spray.
Set a medium pan of water to boil over high heat. Parboil potatoes just until fork tender, about 5 to 6 minutes.
Combine potatoes, onions, roasted peppers, pastrami, tomatoes, salt, black pepper and rosemary (or thyme) in prepared dish; toss with oil. Bake to desired doneness, rotating dish once or twice during cooking, about 30 to 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat; cook eggs sunny side up. Yields 1 egg and about 3/4 cup of hash per serving.
- If you like spice, add chopped jalapeno to the hash. You can omit the tomatoes or add some green or red peppers, and scallions, too.