- 1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked lean pork tenderloin, thinly sliced into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice, divided (about 2 small lemons)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic, or 2 small chopped garlic cloves
- 3/4 tsp table salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, divided
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 8 cup(s) arugula
- 2 cup(s) fresh cherry tomato(es), halved, red and yellow varieties if possible
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
Place pork between 2 sheets of waxed paper and flatten by rolling over with a rolling pin a few times; place pork in a releasable zip-close plastic bag (or glass container).
Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper to bag (or container); seal bag and shake to mix and coat (or stir and cover). Let marinate for at least 10 minutes but no more than 1 hour.
Off heat, coat a grill rack or stove top grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high heat. Grill pork until cooked through, flipping once, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine arugula, tomatoes, remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, vinegar, oil and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper; toss to combine. Serve pork with salad on top. Yields 2 pieces of pork and about 2 1/4 cups of salad per serving.