- 6 oz cooked chicken sausage(s), about 2 links, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 small uncooked red onion(s), cut into thin slivers
- 1 small yellow pepper(s), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup(s) store-bought pizza sauce, or tomato sauce
- 4 medium whole wheat tortilla(s)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat an outdoor grill to medium (or a grill pan over medium-high heat). Place sausage, onion and pepper on grill in a grill basket; cook, flipping once, until sausage is golden and vegetables start to brown, about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from grill and set aside until ready to use.
To prepare pizzas, spread 2 tablespoons of sauce on each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano and then top each with 1/4 of sausage-vegetable mixture; top each with 3 tablespoons of cheese.
Place pizzas on grill (or as many as will fit on grill pan at one time) and cook until edges begin to brown, about 3 to 5 minutes; rotate pizzas. Continue cooking until cheese is bubbly, about 2 to 4 minutes more. Yields 1 pizza per serving.
- Cooking time on an outdoor grill may vary slightly from a grill pan.