- 8 oz fresh shiitake mushroom, stems removed, caps wiped clean with a damp towel, quartered
- 6 medium uncooked shallot(s), peeled, quartered and chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s) store-bought pizza sauce, or tomato sauce
- 4 medium whole wheat tortilla(s)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 pound(s) Provolone cheese, about 4 thin slices
- 4 tsp grated Parmesan cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano recommended
Preheat oven to 450ºF.
In a large bowl, toss together mushrooms, shallots, oil and salt; spread on a sheet pan in a single layer and lightly coat with cooking spray. Roast until vegetables are crispy, about 12 to 15 minutes; remove from oven and set aside. (Or grill the vegetables in a grilling basket.)
Heat an outdoor grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat.
To make pizzas, spread 2 tablespoons of sauce on each tortilla; sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon of oregano. Top each with 1 slice of cheese that has been torn into pieces, 1 teaspoon of Parmesan and 1/4 of vegetable mixture. Place pizzas on grill or grill pan (you may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your grill pan), and cook until edges begin to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes; rotate pizza. Continue cooking until cheese is bubbly, about 2 to 3 minutes more. Yields 1 pizza per serving.
- The cooking time on an outdoor grill may vary slightly from a grill pan so adjust recipe accordingly.