Grilled Mexican-spiced meatballs with fresh salsa
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
12 chip(s), crushed
4 small, chopped
1 cup(s), chopped, divided
Chipotle chili powder
¾ tsp, or to taste
4 cup(s), halved
2 cup(s), coarsely chopped
Fat free salsa
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Fresh lime juice
- Coat grill or grill pan with nonstick spray and preheat to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine beef, tortilla chips, scallions, ¼ cup cilantro, chile powder, cumin, and ¾ tsp salt. Form mixture into 16 meatballs. Thread 4 meatballs onto 1 sturdy skewer (flat skewers work best to prevent spinning around). Or hold 2 skewers parallel and thread 4 meatballs onto both skewers (for easy flipping). Repeat with remaining meatballs.
- Grill meatballs, rotating occasionally, until evenly browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, salsa, yogurt, lime juice, and remaining ¾ cup cilantro and season with salt (if using). Serve meatballs with salsa.
- Serving size: 4 meatballs and 1¼ cups salsa