Grilled Mexican-Spiced Meatballs with Fresh Salsa
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
WW Sea Salt Tortilla Chips Crunchy Snack
1½ pouch(es), crushed, about 1 oz (28g) total
4 small, chopped
1 cup(s), chopped, divided
Chipotle chili powder
¾ tsp, plus extra for seasoning
4 cup(s), halved
2 cup(s), coarsely chopped
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 cup(s), minced
Fat free salsa
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Fresh lime juice
- Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the beef, tortilla chips, scallions, ¼ cup cilantro, chili powder, cumin, and ¾ tsp salt. Form the beef mixture into 16 meatballs. Thread 4 meatballs onto 1 sturdy skewer (flat skewers work best to prevent spinning around). Or hold 2 skewers parallel and thread 4 meatballs onto both skewers (for easy flipping). Repeat with the remaining meatballs.
- Grill the meatballs, rotating occasionally, until evenly browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, salsa, yogurt, lime juice, and remaining ¾ cup cilantro and season with salt (if using). Serve meatballs with salsa.
- Serving size: 4 meatballs and 1¼ cups salsa