Grilled cuban pork tenderloin
fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp, extra virgin
¼ tsp, freshly ground
2 tsp, or to taste
uncooked lean pork tenderloin
1 pound(s), use one whole loin
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Spoon 3 tablespoons marinade into a zip-top food storage bag or shallow glass dish.
- Add garlic and pork to bag (or glass dish). Seal bag and turn to coat pork with mixture (or turn in glass dish to coat and then cover). Refrigerate at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Cover and refrigerate marinade remaining in small bowl - this will be the sauce.
- Heat grill to medium-hot heat or preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove pork from bag and place on grill. Discard marinade in bag (or glass dish). Grill pork, turning occasionally, until a meat thermometer inserted in center reads at least 145°F, about 20 to 25 minutes. Or to cook in oven, place pork in a shallow roasting pan (discard marinade in bag or glass dish); roast until internal temperature reaches 145°F, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove pork from grill or oven and let rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing. Stir any juices from cutting board into reserved sauce and drizzle over sliced pork. Yields about 3 ounces of pork and 1 tablespoon of sauce per serving.