A match made in heaven: fresh mango-black bean salsa with spicy, citrusy chicken.
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened orange juice
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 5-oz pieces
- 1 cup(s) canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup(s) mango(es), fresh, cubed
- 2 Tbsp, chopped uncooked red onion(s), chopped
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
In a small bowl, combine orange juice, cilantro, lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper; remove 1/2 cup and place in a large zip-close plastic bag. Add chicken to bag and turn to coat; seal bag and refrigerate up to 12 hours.
Meanwhile, to make salsa, add beans, mango and onion to bowl with orange juice mixture; toss, cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours.
When ready to cook, coat grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
Grill chicken, turning as needed, until cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer chicken to serving plates and spoon salsa over chicken; pour any liquid left in bottom of bowl over top. Yields 1 piece of chicken and about 1/2 cup of salsa per serving.
- Marinate the chicken and bean mixture the night before you want to serve it. Then when it's time for dinner, just grill the chicken and your dinner's ready fast.Feel free to use papaya or pineapple instead of the mango (could affect SmartPoints value).