Grilled chicken with avocado-pineapple salsa
Fresh lime juice
¼ cup(s), *
3 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
1 tsp, extra virgin
¾ tsp, divided (or less to taste)
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), four 4-oz pieces
1½ cup(s), diced
1 item(s), medium, diced
Uncooked red onion(s)
2 Tbsp, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, pineapple juice, cilantro, oil, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and salt; remove 5 tablespoons juice mixture to a zip-top food storage bag (or a glass container with lid). Set bowl with remaining juice mixture aside.
- Add garlic and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin to bag (or glass container). Add chicken to bag (or container); seal bag and turn to coat with mixture (or toss in container and then cover). Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to several hours.
- Meanwhile, to make salsa, add pineapple, avocado and onion to bowl with remaining lime juice mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Off heat, coat grill rack or stove-top grill pan with cooking spray; heat to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Grill chicken until cooked through, flipping once, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to plates and top with salsa; season with salt and serve with lime wedges, if desired. Yields 1 chicken breast and about 1/2 cup salsa per serving.