Grilled chicken kebabs with orzo
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1½ pound(s), cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
2 medium, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 item(s), thinly sliced
2 Tbsp, chopped
⅛ tsp, freshly ground
Plain lowfat Greek yogurt
Fresh lemon juice
1 medium clove(s), crushed through press
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
1 cup(s), halved
16 medium, pitted and chopped
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium-high or prepare medium-high fire.
- Thread chicken, zucchini, and lemon slices alternately onto 6 (12-inch) metal skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water 20 minutes prior to use to prevent charring). Sprinkle kebabs with 1 tablespoon oregano, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Lightly spray kebabs with olive-oil nonstick spray.
- Place kebabs on grill rack and grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions.
- To make sauce, stir together yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper in small bowl.
- Drain orzo and transfer to large bowl. Stir in tomatoes, olives, oil, remaining 1 tablespoon oregano, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Divide orzo mixture evenly among 6 plates and top with 1 chicken kebab. Serve with yogurt sauce.
- Serving size: 1 chicken kebab, generous ⅔ cup orzo mixture, and scant 2 tablespoons sauce