Grilled chicken, broccoli rabe, and peppadew sandwiches
Uncooked broccoli rabe
½ pound(s), trimmed and coarsely chopped (about 1/2 bunch)
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
10 oz, 4 (5-ounce) breasts
1 medium clove(s), finely chopped
Red pepper flakes
9 oz, ciabatta variety, 12-inch loaf
Reduced fat provolone cheese
4 oz, shredded
2 Tbsp, Peppadew peppers, chopped
Olive oil cooking spray
- Bring large saucepan of lightly salted water to boil. Add broccoli rabe and cook, covered, until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 5–6 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board and thinly slice.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring constantly, just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli rabe and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Remove soft center from ciabatta and discard or save for bread crumbs. Place half of provolone on bottom of bread. Top with chicken, broccoli rabe, Peppadew peppers, remaining cheese, and top of loaf.
- Spray large ridged grill pan with olive oil nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Place sandwich in pan and top with another heavy skillet to weight it. Cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown and crispy, 2–3 minutes per side (or grill sandwich in panini press). Cut crosswise into 4 pieces.
- Per serving: 1/4 of sandwich