Chicken and cheese burritos
1 tsp, smoked variety
¼ tsp, freshly ground
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), thin cutlets
Canned black beans
15 oz, rinsed and drained
¼ cup(s), fresh, chopped
3 large, 10-inches each
Fresh baby spinach
2 cup(s), loosely packed
Reduced-fat goat cheese
6 Tbsp, crumbled
Shredded red cabbage
- In a cup or small bowl, combine paprika, cumin, salt and pepper; spread evenly over chicken. Coat both sides of chicken with cooking spray.
- Off heat, coat a large grill pan or outdoor grill with cooking spray. Preheat to medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken, flipping once, until cooked through, 4–5 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board; cover loosely with foil and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine beans and 1/3 c salsa in microwavable mixing bowl; cover with wax paper. Microwave on High until beans are hot, about 2 minutes and then stir in cilantro. Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Cut chicken into strips. Put 1 tortilla on a work surface and place 2/3 c spinach down center; top with 2 Tbsp cheese, 1/2 c bean mixture, 1 c chicken and 1/3 c cabbage. Fold short sides over filling, then roll up jelly-roll style to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients; cut each burrito crosswise in half and serve with remaining salsa.
- Serving size: 1/2 burrito and generous 1 Tbsp salsa