Grilled caesar salad with cherry tomatoes
1 medium clove(s)
Grated Parmesan cheese
Reduced calorie mayonnaise
Anchovies canned in oil drained
Fresh lemon juice
White balsamic vinegar
½ tsp, or honey
4 head(s), hearts
Whole wheat bread
4 oz, 4 (1-ounce) slices, Italian variety
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
2 cup(s), halved
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium-high or prepare medium-high fire.
- Place garlic in mini food processor and pulse until minced. Add 1 tablespoon of Parmesan, the mayonnaise, anchovies, lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard, agave nectar, and pepper; puree.
- Cut each romaine heart lengthwise in half or into quarters if large, leaving cores intact. Pat dry with paper towels. Lightly spray romaine and bread with olive oil nonstick spray. Sprinkle romaine with salt.
- Put lettuce on grill rack and grill, turning once, until lightly charred, but not limp, about 5 minutes. Place bread on grill rack and grill, turning once, until lightly charred, about 4 minutes. Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Arrange romaine evenly on 4 plates. Top with bread cubes and tomatoes. Drizzle evenly with dressing and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Serve at once.
- Per serving: 1 salad