Green Beans with Mushrooms and Crisp Onion Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 3/4 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp dehydrated onion flakes, minced variety
- 3/4 tsp table salt, divided
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked string beans, fresh, trimmed, cut in half
- 1 pound(s) button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- To make crumb topping, in a large, deep nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-low heat; add panko, onion flakes and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until crumbs are lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside; carefully wipe skillet clean.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray; place over high heat. Add string beans and mushrooms; sauté until vegetables are lightly browned and tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add remaining tablespoon butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt to skillet; toss over low heat until butter is melted and mixture is heated through. Transfer vegetables to a serving platter; sprinkle with crumb mixture. Yields about 1 cup vegetables and 2 tablespoons crumbs per serving.