Greek Chicken Sausage Sandwiches
- Total Time
Serve these sandwiches with a Greek salad for a fabulous grilled meal.
plain lowfat Greek yogurt½ cup(s)
English cucumber(s)¼ cup(s), diced
dill1 Tbsp, or mint leaves, finely chopped
table salt⅛ tsp
black pepper1 pinch, freshly ground
cooked chicken sausage(s)12 oz, feta and spinach variety (four 3-oz sausages)
reduced calorie hot dog bun(s)4 item(s), whole-grain
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, dill or mint, salt and pepper.
- Grill sausages directly over heat, turning as needed, until grill marks appear and heated through, about 5 minutes. Grill buns until lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- To serve, place sausages in buns; top each with 3 Tbsp yogurt mixture (or spread some sauce in bun, add a sausage and then top with more yogurt sauce).
- Serving size: 1 sausage sandwich.