- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) whole-grain wheat flour
- 2/3 cup(s) sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup(s) molasses
- 3 large egg white(s)
- 3 cup(s) lite whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat two 12-cup muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine flours, sugar, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and allspice in a large bowl; mix well. Add applesauce, molasses and egg whites; stir until mixture is moist and well-combined. Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool cupcakes to room temperature and serve each topped with 2 tablespoons of whipped topping.