- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp sherry (dry or sweet)
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 1 piece(s) ginger root, 3-inches, peeled, thinly sliced, cut into julienne
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), roughly chopped
- 1 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, large, peeled and deveined
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, sherry and water; set aside.
Coat a large skillet or wok with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add oil; heat until oil begins to shimmer. Add ginger; cook, stirring frequently, until ginger becomes fragrant and starts to brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add onions; cook, stirring frequently, until onions start to release their moisture, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add shrimp; cook, stirring, until shrimp are opaque and pink, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in soy mixture; cook until well-blended and heated through, about 1 or 2 minutes. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
- Serve over brown rice if desired.