Ginger pork and banana kebabs
2 tsp, fresh, grated
1 large clove(s), minced
Fresh lemon juice
⅛ tsp, freshly ground
Uncooked lean pork tenderloin
4 small, green-tipped
Cooked white rice
2 cup(s), kept hot
- Preheat broiler.
- To make marinade, in a small bowl, combine ginger, garlic, hoisin sauce, lemon juice, diet cola, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Slice pork in half lengthwise and then cut each half into eight 1-inch chunks to yield 16 pieces. Slice bananas into 4 chunks each.
- Alternately thread 2 pieces of pork with 2 pieces of banana onto each of eight 8-inch metal or wood skewers. (Note: Soak wood skewers in water for 30 minutes before using to prevent charring.) Place kebabs on rack of broiler pan and brush generously with marinade. Place 3 to 4 inches from heat source and broil 3 minutes.
- Remove from broiler, turn to second side and brush generously with marinade; broil for 3 minutes more.
- Remove from broiler, turn to third side and brush with ginger mixture; broil for 1 minute. Remove from broiler again, brush remaining side with marinade and broil until pork is cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes more. Yields 2 skewers and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.