- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked red potato(es), unpeeled (about 14 small potatoes)
- 3 oz uncooked Canadian bacon, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 item(s) whole hard boiled egg(s), chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, fresh, chopped
Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and allow to cool. Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices; set aside.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until slightly brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet; set aside.
Add oil to same skillet; warm over medium heat until sizzling. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in cornstarch, sugar, salt, celery seed, dry mustard and pepper; cook about 1 minute. Add water and vinegar; stir and cook until thick and bubbly, about 1 minute. Stir in potatoes and bacon; toss to mix. Cook, stirring gently, until mixture is heated through, about 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with egg and parsley. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
- Can’t find small potatoes? Use four medium-size ones instead. Just cook them, covered, for about 20 to 25 minutes; cool, peel and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.