General Tso's Chicken
- 3/4 cup(s) canned chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or 1 dried chili pepper, minced
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cup(s) cooked white rice, kept hot
- In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger; set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Add chicken; sauté until browned all over, about 5 minutes.
- Add reserved sauce to pan and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Yields about 1 cup chicken with sauce and 1/2 cup rice per serving.