Garlic & thyme chicken with potatoes
2 medium clove(s)
¾ tsp, divided
⅛ tsp, freshly ground
Uncooked skinless chicken breast with bone
18 oz, 2 (9-oz) chicken breast halves
½ medium, cut into 4 very thin slices, seeds removed
Uncooked red potato(es)
10 oz, diced
1 small, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray broiler pan with nonstick spray.
- Using large, heavy knife, chop garlic, 1 tbsp thyme, and 1⁄2 tsp salt until thick paste forms. Sprinkle with black pepper. With your fingers, gently separate chicken skin from breast meat. Over breast meat, spread garlic paste. Under skin of each chicken breast, gently slip 2 lemon slices. Smooth skin back into place. At 1 end of broiler pan, place chicken breasts.
- On opposite side of broiler pan, toss together potatoes, onion, oil, and remaining 1⁄4 tsp salt; spread mixture into 1 layer.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are just tender, about 30 minutes. Preheat broiler. Broil chicken and potato mixture 6 inches from heat until chicken and potatoes are browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Toss potatoes with remaining 1 tsp thyme. Remove and discard chicken skin before eating.
- Serving size: 1 chicken-breast half and 1 cup potatoes