Fresh Salmon-Ginger Burgers
1 slice(s), or whole wheat sandwich bread
2 medium, chopped
2 Tbsp, minced peeled fresh
8 tsp, (such as cranberry-horseradish)
Uncooked farmed Atlantic salmon skinless fillet(s)
1 pound(s), cut into 1-inch pieces
Reduced calorie mayonnaise
- Tear bread into pieces and pulse in food processor until coarse crumbs form. Transfer crumbs to large bowl and add ginger and 4 teaspoons horseradish sauce. Put salmon into food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add to crumb mixture along with salt and pepper.
- With fork, gently stir salmon mixture until combined well but not overmixed. With damp hands, shape into 4(4-inch) patties.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add salmon patties and cook until golden brown and just opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side.
- Stir together mayonnaise and remaining 4 teaspoons horseradish sauce in cup. Dollop evenly onto salmon burgers.
- Per serving: 1 salmon burger and 1 tablespoon sauce