French potato and chicken salad
Uncooked red potato(es)
1 pound(s), small, scrubbed
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
Uncooked green snap beans
2 rib(s), medium, stalks, thinly sliced
4 oz, green, seedless, halved (about 1 cup)
Fresh lemon juice
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 Tbsp, leaves, chopped
¼ tsp, freshly ground
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat; add potatoes and cook until tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Remove potatoes from water with a slotted spoon or strainer; set potatoes aside but maintain water’s boil.
- Meanwhile, coat broiler rack with cooking spray; preheat broiler. Broil chicken five inches from heat, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes; set aside
- Add green beans to boiling water and blanch until crisp-tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes; drain in a colander in sink.
- When chicken has cooled, slice into bite-size chunks; place in a large serving bowl. Slice potatoes into 1-inch chunks and cut green beans into 1-inch pieces; gently toss with chicken. Add celery and grapes.
- To make dressing, in a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, broth and mustard; whisk in tarragon, salt and pepper. Drizzle in oil in a slow stream, whisking all the while, until dressing turns creamy, about 1 minute. Toss salad with dressing, taking care not to break up potatoes. If desired, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.