Here's a fantastic make-ahead meal. For an even quicker version, use a rotisserie chicken from your supermarket; discard the skin before using the white meat.
- 1 pound(s) uncooked red potato(es), small, scrubbed
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
- 3/4 pound(s) uncooked green snap beans
- 2 rib(s), medium uncooked celery, stalks, thinly sliced
- 4 oz grapes, green, seedless, halved (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp fresh tarragon, leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat; add potatoes and cook until tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Remove potatoes from water with a slotted spoon or strainer; set potatoes aside but maintain water’s boil.
Meanwhile, coat broiler rack with cooking spray; preheat broiler. Broil chicken five inches from heat, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes; set aside
Add green beans to boiling water and blanch until crisp-tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes; drain in a colander in sink.
When chicken has cooled, slice into bite-size chunks; place in a large serving bowl. Slice potatoes into 1-inch chunks and cut green beans into 1-inch pieces; gently toss with chicken. Add celery and grapes.
To make dressing, in a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, broth and mustard; whisk in tarragon, salt and pepper. Drizzle in oil in a slow stream, whisking all the while, until dressing turns creamy, about 1 minute. Toss salad with dressing, taking care not to break up potatoes. If desired, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.