Flourless Banana Pancakes with Berry Maple Syrup
3 - 12
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Combining eggs and bananas for these four-ingredient pancakes provides enough structure to get you flapjacks without any flour. A zap in the microwave turns berries, lemon peel, and syrup into a brunch-worthy topping.
1 tsp, divided, plus more for garnish
4 medium, very ripe
8 item(s), large
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the syrup on High for 30 seconds. Stir in the berries and toss to coat. Microwave the berries on High for 1 minute until softened. Stir in ½ tsp lemon zest. Cover the syrup and set aside.
- Using a fork, in a medium bowl, mash the bananas, then stir in the eggs, remaining ½ tsp lemon zest, and salt. Add the baking powder on top and mix the batter until blended.
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium. Drop about 2 tbsp batter into the hot skillet for each pancake, spacing the pancakes 2 inches apart. Cook until browned on the bottom, about 1½ minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the bottom, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, wiping out any browned bits in the pan and coating with more cooking spray if needed. Garnish with more lemon zest. Serve with the warm berry syrup.
- Serving size: 6 pancakes and ¼ cup syrup