Flank steak with roasted asparagus & red peppers
Low sodium soy sauce
2 medium clove(s), minced
½ tsp, divided
Uncooked lean flank steak
½ pound(s), about 1⁄2 inch thick, trimmed
1 pound(s), jumbo, fresh and trimmed
Sweet red pepper(s)
2 small, seeded and quartered lengthwise
2 Tbsp, fresh, thinly sliced
- In zip-close plastic bag, combine soy sauce, garlic, cumin, and 1⁄4 tsp salt; add steak. Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn bag and rub to coat steak. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In shallow roasting pan, toss asparagus and bell peppers with oil and remaining 1⁄4 tsp salt. Spread vegetables out in even layer. Roast vegetables until tender and slightly caramelized, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove steak from bag and pat dry with paper towels; discard marinade. Spray cast-iron skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook until instant-read thermometer inserted into side registers 145°F, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer steak to cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Cut steak on diagonal into 10 slices.
- Add chives to vegetables and toss to mix. Serve vegetables with steak.
- Serving size: 5 slices steak and 11⁄4 cups vegetables