Flank steak asado with pimenton oil
Extra virgin olive oil
½ small clove(s), finely chopped
¼ tsp, sweet Spanish variety
1 tsp, divided
⅛ tsp, freshly ground
¼ tsp, freshly ground
Uncooked lean flank steak
1 pound(s), baby variety, cut in half crosswise
Sweet red pepper(s)
2 medium, cut into 1 1/2-inch strips
2 medium, yellow variety , cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together oil, garlic, paprika, oregano, cumin and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper; set aside.
- Season steak with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper (optional – season with a little paprika, oregano and cumin as well). Season vegetables with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and remaining 1/8 tsp pepper. Grill steak, turning once, 12 minutes for medium-rare or longer if desired. Grill vegetables, turning occasionally, until tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes (use a cutting board with a drip groove, to collect juices, or let rest on a plate).
- Thinly slice steak against grain and arrange steak and vegetables on a serving platter; drizzle with any accumulated steak juices and reserved oil mixture.
- Serving size: 3 oz steak and 1/4 of vegetables