- 3 spray(s) cooking spray
- 4 oz French baguette bread, cut into 16 slices
- 6 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 16 tsp blue cheese, crumbled, (5 Tbsp plus 1 tsp)
- 1 cup(s) arugula, lightly packed (32 baby leaves)
- 4 medium fresh fig(s), quartered
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts, toasted
Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Place bread on prepared cookie sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray; bake until lightly browned and crisp, about 10 to 13 minutes.
Meanwhile, put vinegar in a large nonstick skillet; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens slightly and reduces to about 2 1/4 Tbsp, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in honey.
To assemble crostini, spread each piece toast with 1 tsp blue cheese; top with 2 arugula leaves and a fig quarter. Drizzle with balsamic-honey mixture; sprinkle each with 1/2 tsp walnuts.
Serving size: 1 crostini per serving.
- Not a blue cheese fan? Goat cheese can also be used. Add a bit of chopped fresh thyme leaves to the balsamic-honey mixture if desired. Make ahead tips: The crostini can be made 2 days ahead and stored in an air-tight container. The balsamic-honey mixture can be made several hours ahead.