Feta and Vegetable Frittatas
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 6 large egg(s)
- 4 large egg white(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cup(s) fresh spinach, baby leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup(s) canned artichoke hearts without oil, cut in chunks (or frozen, cooked artichoke hearts)
- 1 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) roasted red peppers (packed in water), chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat two 8-hole muffin pans with cooking spray (or use one 12-hole pan and four holes from another muffin pan).
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, water, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in spinach, artichoke hearts, feta, roasted peppers, scallions and cream cheese; mix well.
- Spoon about 1/4-cup egg mixture into each prepared muffin hole. Bake until just set, about 18 to 22 minutes. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Loosen edges of frittatas with a rubber spatula, sliding spatula underneath frittatas to loosen bottoms and lift frittatas out of pans; serve. Yields 1 frittata per serving.
Add chopped chives or dill to egg mixture, if desired.