Egg over Red Potato, Kale and Bacon Hash
- Total Time
Here's a super-filling breakfast, brunch or dinner. You get your protein, starch and veggies all in one delicious recipe.
uncooked red potato(es)1 ½ pound(s), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
vegetable oil1 Tbsp
uncooked turkey bacon5 slice(s), chopped
uncooked onion(s)1 large, chopped
garlic clove(s)2 medium clove(s), finely chopped
table salt½ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
uncooked kale5 cup(s), leaves only, roughly chopped
hot sauce⅛ Tbsp, about 4 dashes, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add potatoes, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
- Heat oil in very large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook bacon until crisp, about 5-7 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towels; set aside.
- Add potatoes and onion to same skillet; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 5-8 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper, and handfuls of kale leaves, tossing with tongs as it cooks down. Cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is tender and starting to crisp, 3-5 minutes. Return bacon to pan and toss to combine.
- When ready to serve, cook 4 sunny-side up eggs. Serve each portion of hash with an egg on top and hot sauce on the side.
- Serving size: 1 1/2 cups hash and 1 egg