Dry rub-bbq ribs
dark brown sugar
uncooked baby back ribs
- Combine all spices, salt, and sugar in a bowl; set aside.
- Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on your work surface. Place ribs on the plastic wrap and coat evenly with the oil. Rub both sides thoroughly with the spice rub; wrap the ribs tightly in plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, preheat oven to 250F.
- Place two large pieces of tin foil on your work surface. Remove the ribs from the plastic wrap and cut the rack in half. Place each half on a piece of foil, bones facing up (meat side down).
- Fold the foil over the ribs to enclose them in a pouch, making sure to tuck and fold the all edges.
- Place both pouches on a large baking sheet and place in oven and cook for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours has elapsed, remove the ribs from the oven. Cut one of the corners of the foil open on each pouch to create a hole. Carefully (watching out for steam) drain the liquid out of the foil. Open the pouch and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat outdoor grill to medium-high; baste each half rack with barbecue sauce. Place each half rack on the grill, meat side down, and char for 3 minutes.