Curried Zucchini Pancakes
Great with roasts, these pancakes could also be a savory breakfast side with scrambled eggs.
1 small, peeled
Fat free egg substitute
Fat free cottage cheese
- 1. Shred the zucchini through the large holes of a box grater, mix with the salt and place in a colander in the sink to drain for 15 minutes.
- 2. Working in small handfuls, squeeze the zucchini of any excess moisture, then place in a large bowl. Shred the onion through the large holes of a box grater and add to the zucchini.
- 3. Stir in the egg substitute, cottage cheese, matzo meal, curry powder and pepper.
- 4. Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray and set it over medium heat. Make pancakes using 1/4 cup zucchini batter per pancake (only cook as many at a time as will fit comfortably in your pan; overcrowding will cause the pancakes to steam rather than brown).
- 5. Press down slightly on the pancakes, cooking until browned, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer cooked pancakes to a warm plate and continue making pancakes in batches until all the batter is used. Makes 2 pancakes per serving.