Cumin Pita Wedges with Spicy Hummus
- 6 small whole wheat pita(s), cut into 6 wedges each
- 6 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray, or enough to coat pitas
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 15 1/2 oz chickpeas (15 oz), rinsed and drained
- 15 1/2 oz canned white beans, small, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp tahini sesame butter
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), chopped
- 1 tsp asian hot sauce, or any variety
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place pita wedges on baking sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray; sprinkle with cumin and salt. Bake until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make hummus, combine remaining ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. If you don't have a food processor, use a blender or mash the ingredients together with a fork. (Note: Add more hot sauce if you really like spice.)
- Serve hummus with pita wedges on the side. Yields about 3 pita wedges and 2 tablespoons of hummus per serving.