- 4 cup(s) unsweetened orange juice, (1/2 cup)
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into 32 chunks
- 12 small jalapeño pepper(s), halved lengthwise, seeded (do not touch seeds with bare hands)
- 2 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
Combine orange and lemon juices, oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and oregano in a resealable plastic food storage bag. Add chicken and peppers; seal bag and turn to coat. Place bag on a plate on the bottom shelf in refrigerator and marinate for 2 to 8 hours.
Preheat grill or grill pan. Thread chicken and pepper halves onto 8 metal or wooden skewers, using 4 pieces of chicken and 3 pieces of pepper per skewer; coat with cooking spray. (Note: If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water 30 minutes before use to prevent charring.)
Grill skewers, turning often, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 6 to 8 minutes; serve immediately. Yields 1 skewer per serving.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.This Mix and Match recipe is part of our Make Ahead series, in which we give you a week's worth of recipes intended to save you time in the kitchen. We show you how to swap dishes to create quick and easy meals throughout the week. Pair our cold Tomato-Dill Soup with the Tuscan Tuna Wraps or the Santa-Fe Salad, use the Grilled Summer Vegetables in both the wrap and with the Cuban Chicken Skewers, and top virtually anything with the Tropical Fruit Salsa.