Serve these gorgeous stuffed mushrooms at your next party. They're an easy crowd-pleaser.
- 1 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) button mushrooms, about 24 large mushrooms
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) sweet red pepper(s), chopped
- 10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 1/2 slice(s) whole wheat bread, chopped into bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Creole seasoning, or Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
Remove mushroom stems from caps and finely chop stems; reserve caps and set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sauté mushroom stems, onion, pepper and spinach until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in remaining ingredients until well-combined.
Stuff each mushroom cap with 2 tablespoons of filling mixture. Place mushrooms, stuffed sides up, on jellyroll pan. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes; serve warm. Yields 2 mushrooms per serving. (Note: The mushrooms can be stuffed in advance, covered, refrigerated and then baked later in the day to save on last minute preparation time.)