- 2 cup(s) fat free reduced sodium vegetable broth, or chicken broth
- 1 medium uncooked potato(es), peeled and diced
- 1 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), chopped
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked asparagus, fresh, ends trimmed, cut into small pieces
- 7 oz roasted red peppers (packed in water), drained
- 8 oz lite silken tofu
In a medium saucepan, bring broth, potato, onion, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper to a boil over medium-high heat; cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes. Add asparagus; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Meanwhile, puree roasted peppers in a blender until smooth. Spoon pureed peppers into a small bowl; set aside. Rinse blender.
Puree asparagus mixture and tofu in blender until smooth (or use an immersion blender in saucepan but be careful not to splatter hot liquid).
Ladle soup into bowls and drizzle pepper puree over top; swirl into soup with a knife. Serve hot or cold. Yields about 1 1/2 cups of soup and 1 1/2 tablespoons of pepper puree per serving.