Corned Beef and Cabbage Strudel
- 4 cup(s), chopped uncooked cabbage (all varieties), shredded
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) frozen potatoes O'Brien, thawed (potato, onion and red pepper)
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 leaf/leaves bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 pound(s) corned beef brisket, cooked and diced
- 4 sheet(s) wheat phyllo dough
- 1/2 cup(s) mustard
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage, garlic and broth. Sauté until cabbage is limp, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes O’Brien, salt, pepper, thyme, caraway seed and bay leaf. Cook until potatoes are hot, about 5 minutes. Stir in lemon zest and corned beef. Remove bay leaf. Remove from heat and cool mixture while preparing phyllo dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place one sheet phyllo dough, long-side facing you, on paper. Spray with cooking spray. Add second sheet of dough. Spray with cooking spray. Repeat twice more.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spoon corned beef filling across width of dough, starting 4 inches from bottom of dough. Mound filling into a 4-inch wide strip. Lift up bottom 4 inches of dough to cover filling. Using parchment paper as a guide, gently roll up phyllo dough. Place seam-side down on paper-lined cookie sheet. Ends of dough don't have to be tucked in. Spray strudel with cooking spray.
- Bake until phyllo is browned, 30 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes. Cut into 4 slices and serve each with 2 tablespoons mustard.