1 medium, finely chopped
2 medium clove(s), minced
Frozen corn kernels
4 cup(s), fresh (from about 5 ears)
2% reduced fat milk
2 large egg(s)
Reduced-fat cheddar cheese
4 oz, shredded (1 cup)
Crumbled queso fresco cheese
1 oz, or goat cheese
3 Tbsp, chopped fresh
- 1 Preheat broiler. Line bottom of broiler pan with foil. Place poblanos in prepared pan. Broil 5 inches from heat, turning occasionally, until skin blisters, about 10 minutes. Wrap poblanos in foil and let steam about 10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel poblanos, remove seeds and stem, and dice.
- 2 Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Spray 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- 3 Spray skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 4 Puree 1 1/2 cups corn in food processor or blender until chunky. Heat milk in small saucepan over high heat just until small bubbles appear along edge of pan. Whisk eggs in large bowl, then gradually whisk in hot milk. Stir in pureed corn, remaining 21/2 cups corn kernels, poblanos, Cheddar, queso fresco, onion mixture, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- 5 Pour corn mixture into prepared dish. Bake until golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Garnish with thyme sprigs (if using).
- Serving size: (about 2/3 cup)