Classic New York–Style Cheesecake
Reduced-fat graham crackers
8 whole, crushed to crumbs (about 1 1⁄4 cups)
Light corn syrup
1 Tbsp, melted
Fat free sour cream
1⅛ cup(s), divided
2 tsp, divided
Low fat cream cheese
16 oz, (Neufchâtel), softened
2 large egg(s)
1 Tbsp, grated (about 2 lemons), plus more for garnish,
Fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham crackers, corn syrup, and butter until moistened. Press the mixture firmly onto the bottom of the pan; refrigerate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sour cream, 1/8 cup sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla to make the topping. Cover and refrigerate.
- To make the cake, in a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until very smooth, about 3 minutes. Gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar, beating until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Beat in the egg whites, lemon zest and juice, and remaining 1 teaspoon of vanilla until blended.
- Pour the batter over the crust. Bake until the edge of the cheesecake is set and the center jiggles slightly, 55 – 60 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes. Spoon the sour cream topping over the cake; spread evenly with a narrow metal spatula. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 2 days. Garnish with lemon zest. Cut into 16 slices.
- Per serving: 1 slice