Classic New York–Style Cheesecake
Reduced-fat graham crackers
10 whole, crushed to crumbs (about 1 1⁄2 cups)
Light corn syrup
Fat free sour cream
Low fat cream cheese
16 oz, (Neufchâtel), softened
2 large egg(s)
1 Tbsp, grated (about 2 lemons)
Fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 10-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- To make the crust, combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl until moistened. Press the crumb mixture firmly onto the bottom of the pan; refrigerate.
- To make the topping, whisk together the topping ingredients in a medium bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- To make the cake, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until very smooth, about 3 minutes. Gradually add the sugar, beating until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Beat in the egg whites, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla until blended.
- Pour the batter over the crust. Bake until the edge of the cheesecake is set and the center jiggles slightly, 55 – 60 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a rack 15 minutes. Spoon the sour cream topping over the cake; spread evenly with a narrow metal spatula. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 2 days. Yields 1⁄24 of cake per serving.