Classic Macaroni Salad
- 8 oz uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste (for cooking pasta)
- 1/2 cup(s) light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup(s) uncooked celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s), chopped uncooked red onion(s)
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- Cook macaroni in salted water according to package directions; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard and garlic powder; stir mixture into cooked macaroni. Fold in celery, onion and parsley; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or chilled. Yields about 2/3 cup per serving.
Swap regular pasta for the whole wheat pasta, if desired (could affect SmartPoints value).