Chocolate Turtle Cookies
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/4 cup(s) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 large egg white(s)
- 2 Tbsp fat free skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 24 item(s) caramel candies
- 24 piece(s) unsalted pecan halves
- Combine flour and cocoa in a small bowl; set aside. Beat together sugar, margarine, cream cheese, egg white, milk and vanilla extract in a large bowl; add flour mixture and blend well. Chill dough at least 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on baking sheets about 1 to 2 inches apart. Press a caramel into each cookie and flatten; top each caramel with a pecan half. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.