Chocolate chip biscotti
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Crisp and sweet. Perfect for dunking into coffee, hot milk, and tea. Biscotti are beloved Italian cookies that have been embraced here as the go-to dunker for espresso and cappuccino. Our delicious chocolate chip-laden version will be soft when baked but it hardens as it cools. Because this recipe makes a large yield, plan to make them to keep on-hand to enjoy as an afternoon snack or to serve during a mid-day gathering with family and friends. They're also great wrapped up and given as a gift. You can bake these treats ahead of time and store them in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Mini chocolate chips
3 Tbsp, semisweet variety
2 large egg(s)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt until combined; stir in chocolate chips.
- Using an electric mixer, beat sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla until frothy, about 2 minutes. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture; stir just until moistened and dough forms.
- Shape dough into a 13 X 3-inch log on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes and remove from oven. Reduce oven to 300°F.
- Let biscotti cool for 10 minutes; cut warm log crosswise, on a slight diagonal, into twenty 1/2-inch-thick slices. Stand slices, about 1 inch apart, on baking sheet and return to oven and bake for 12 minutes more. The centers will be soft but biscotti will harden when cooled.
- Serving size: 1 biscotti