Chicken Thighs With Apples, Onions, and Sauerkraut
Uncooked bone in skinless chicken thigh(s)
24 oz, 4 (6-ounce) thighs
1 medium, sliced
Golden Delicious apple
1 medium, cored and cut into chunks
2 cup(s), drained refrigerated (bagged)
½ tsp, or to taste
¼ cup(s), chopped (plus additional for garnish)
¼ cup(s), sliced
Olive oil cooking spray
5 Tbsp, optional
- Spray chicken with olive oil nonstick spray and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Press Sauté on 6-quart Instant Pot and set cooking time for 15 minutes. When Hot is displayed, add chicken and cook until browned, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook until browned on second side, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to plate.
- Add onion and apple to pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is almost softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in sauerkraut, caraway seeds, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place chicken on top of sauerkraut mixture. Press Cancel to turn off pot. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed.
- Press Pressure Cook and select Low Pressure; set cooking time for 7 minutes. When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes. Move steam-release valve to Venting position to release remaining pressure. Remove lid.
- Arrange chicken on serving platter. Stir 1/4 cup dill into sauerkraut mixture; spoon sauerkraut onto platter surrounding chicken. Sprinkle with scallions and additional dill. Serve with mustard, if desired.
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh, 3/4 cup sauerkraut, and 1 rounded tbsp mustard