Chicken Souvlaki Sandwich
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 tsp olive oil, garlic-flavored or extra-virgin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) plain fat free yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) cucumber(s), shredded
- 1 Tbsp dill, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 large whole wheat pita(s), halved
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a shallow baking pan, whisk together lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, oil and oregano; add chicken and turn to coat.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes, spooning sauce over chicken once or twice during cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, dill and garlic powder.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, slice each piece crosswise into thin strips and place inside pita pocket halves. Spoon 2 tablespoons of yogurt sauce into each pita half. Yields 2 halves per serving.