Chicken Sausages and Vegetables over Herbed Polenta
Cooked chicken sausage(s)
12 oz, sliced on diagonal into 1/2-inch slices
1 medium, halved lengthwise and sliced
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), medium, yellow or red variety, thinly sliced
8 oz, sliced
2 medium clove(s), minced
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 tsp, chopped
Uncooked instant polenta
Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook, turning once, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausages to plate and set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms to skillet. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 1 minute. Stir in ⅓ cup broth, 2 teaspoons rosemary, and sausages. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring remaining 3 cups broth to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary. Gradually whisk in polenta. Reduce heat and cook, whisking constantly, until thick and creamy, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in ¼ cup pecorino.
- Divide polenta evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with sausage mixture and sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons pecorino.
- Serving size: ¾ cup polenta, about 1 cup sausage and vegetable mixture, and ½ tablespoon cheese