Chicken salad with cucumber-yogurt sauce
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), tenders
White wine vinegar
2 large clove(s), minced
Plain fat free yogurt
¾ cup(s), sliced, finely diced
Fresh mint leaves
4 Tbsp, chopped
2 Tbsp, chopped
2 cup(s), thinly sliced
1 large, diced
Uncooked red onion(s)
½ cup(s), sliced, thinly sliced
2 large, toasted and cut into wedges
- Combine chicken, vinegar, garlic, oregano, 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper in large bowl; stir until mixed well. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make yogurt sauce, stir together yogurt, cucumber, 2 tablespoons mint, dill, cumin, remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in small bowl.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate and let cool slightly.
- Divide lettuce among 4 plates; top evenly with chicken, tomato, onion, and yogurt sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons mint. Serve with pita wedges.
- Serving size: 3 chicken tenders, 1⁄4 of salad, 1⁄4 cup sauce, and 1⁄2 pita bread