Chicken in red chile sauce
Canned chicken broth
Dried pasilla peppers
2 item(s), seeded, and broken into small pieces
1 large, chopped
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), medium, red variety, chopped
3 medium clove(s), minced
Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
30 oz, 6 (5-ounce) breasts
Soft-type goat cheese
3 Tbsp, chopped fresh
- 1 To make sauce, heat broth to boiling in small saucepan. Remove from heat; add pasillas. Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over medium- high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are golden, 6–8 minutes. Add garlic and 1 teaspoon cumin; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer onion mixture to blender.
- 3 Transfer chiles and broth to blender. Add chipotle en adobo, honey, and 3/4 teaspoon salt and puree. Return sauce to saucepan and set aside.
- 4 Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over medium- high heat. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1 teaspoon cumin, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper. Add half of chicken and cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer to plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- 5 Meanwhile, set sauce over medium heat and cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 6 Divide chicken evenly among 6 plates; top evenly with half of sauce and sprinkle evenly with goat cheese and cilantro. Serve with remaining sauce.
- Serving size: (1 chicken breast and 1/4 cup sauce)